FINE WINES FOR COWBOYS AND KINGS
We offer on-site tasting and sales in the laid-back style of the Sierra Foothills. We believe in the kind of personal hands-on tasting experience long-gone from other California wine regions – you’re almost guaranteed to learn something new and our winemaker often pours the wines himself! Meet the winemaker, view the vineyard right from the tasting room and enjoy a picnic on our patio. You’ll feel right at home at Lone Buffalo!
Our winery is located about thirty-minutes East of Sacramento, in the North Auburn area of the Placer County Wine Trail. We’re just ten minutes off of the I-80 an easy stop on your way to or from North Lake Tahoe and just a short drive from Historic Old Town Auburn.
We currently offer the following options:
Inside, Tasting at the Bar: Full tasting of all current wines. 3/4 oz. pours of up to 9 wines. $15/person. One tasting fee is waived per purchase. Available as space allows.
Seated Table Service (Inside or Outside): Assigned server with flights or wines by the glass or bottle. Flights are “choose any 3” and you get 2.5 oz. pours. If you are open to sharing, order different flights and taste more of the wines. $12-15/person. Not waived. Available on a first come, first served basis.
Vineyard Seating: Wines by the glass or bottle only. Available on a first come, first served basis.
Group Policy: 10 or more people @ $15 per person, reservations required, selection of 5-6 wines for tasting; seated table service only, no fees waived. Special Occasion? Ask to add a bottle of Dream Catcher Sparkling Rosé.
RESERVATIONS: Requested for groups of 6 or more. Please call Jill at (530) 823-1159 or email us at [email protected] to discuss your options.
LIMOS: We have plenty of space for access and parking but require reservations for all limos. Please call Jill at (530) 823-1159 for reservations.
From I-80 EAST
- Exit 193 W/Lincoln
- Go Straight at the Stop Sign onto Ophir Road
- Go .3 Miles, turn Left onto Lozanos
- Go .9 Miles to Stop Sign, turn Left onto Lozanos
- Stay Right at the “Wine Trails” Sign on Lozanos
- Go .5 Miles, turn Left onto Wise Road
- Go 2.5 Miles, turn Right onto Buttes View Lane
From I-80 WEST
- 4.2 Miles / 8 minutes
- Exit Ophir Road
- Go .8 Miles, veer Right onto Wise Road
- Go 3.5 Miles, turn Right, enter onto Buttes View Lane
From I-80 WEST
- Take the exit toward Lincoln Blvd
- Turn right onto Lincoln Blvd
- Turn right onto Ferrari Ranch Rd
- Turn right onto CA-193 E/Lincoln Newcastle Hwy
- Turn left onto Fowler Rd
- Turn right onto Fruitvale Rd
- Turn left onto Gold Hill Rd
- Take the 2nd right onto Wise Rd
- Turn right to stay on Wise Rd
- Destination will be on the left
- Entrance to Lone Buffalo is the first gate on the left off of
- Buttes View Lane