FINE WINES FOR COWBOYS AND KINGS
We offer on-site tasting and sales in the laid-back style of the Sierra Foothills. We believe in the kind of personal hands-on tasting experience long-gone from other California wine regions – you’re almost guaranteed to learn something new and our winemaker often pours the wines himself! Meet the winemaker, view the vineyard right from the tasting room and enjoy a picnic on our patio. You’ll feel right at home at Lone Buffalo!
Our winery is located about thirty-minutes East of Sacramento, in the North Auburn area of the Placer County Wine Trail. We’re just ten minutes off of the I-80 an easy stop on your way to or from North Lake Tahoe and just a short drive from Historic Old Town Auburn.
COVID-19 RE-OPENING DETAILS (UPDATED 6/15)
Currently we are open for seated tasting experiences and traditional wine tasting – Tasting, Wine Flights and Wines by the Glass/Bottle inside and outside with an expanded outdoor seating area. Curb Side Pick Up is always available as well!
When will we get “back to the bar” and regular, traditional wine tasting? Good question! As California opens back up, it’s our goal to try and go “back to normal” but it’s going to take us a little bit of time. The industry is still trying to figure out where things will land as far as tasting fees, flights, etc. and while many people want to go back to the way things were, many also still want a private, seated experience and we have a number of challenges including staffing and increased costs that we are currently working through in order to accommodate both ways of operating. Please be patient though, we’ll figure it out soon! Our goal is to continue to provide quality customer service and the best wine tasting experience our region has to offer!
Do I need a reservation? While reservations are required for groups of 6 or more, walk-ins for smaller groups are always welcome. Our best advice is to call ahead though, and Wine Club Members get priority reservations by just calling or emailing anytime!
Are tasting fees waived? Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the wine industry is dealing with a number of operational challenges and increased costs (especially due to staffing challenges) so at this time, we are unable to waive tasting fees or apply flight costs to purchase. We intend to keep up with the region as this issue develops.
From I-80 EAST
- Exit 193 W/Lincoln
- Go Straight at the Stop Sign onto Ophir Road
- Go .3 Miles, turn Left onto Lozanos
- Go .9 Miles to Stop Sign, turn Left onto Lozanos
- Stay Right at the “Wine Trails” Sign on Lozanos
- Go .5 Miles, turn Left onto Wise Road
- Go 2.5 Miles, turn Right onto Buttes View Lane
From I-80 WEST
- 4.2 Miles / 8 minutes
- Exit Ophir Road
- Go .8 Miles, veer Right onto Wise Road
- Go 3.5 Miles, turn Right, enter onto Buttes View Lane
From I-80 WEST
- Take the exit toward Lincoln Blvd
- Turn right onto Lincoln Blvd
- Turn right onto Ferrari Ranch Rd
- Turn right onto CA-193 E/Lincoln Newcastle Hwy
- Turn left onto Fowler Rd
- Turn right onto Fruitvale Rd
- Turn left onto Gold Hill Rd
- Take the 2nd right onto Wise Rd
- Turn right to stay on Wise Rd
- Destination will be on the left
- Entrance to Lone Buffalo is the first gate on the left off of
- Buttes View Lane